Dookie & Shepparton Careers Practitioners Seminar
We invite careers practitioners, VCE coordinators, curriculum coordinators and international student coordinators to attend this two day seminar at our Dookie and Shepparton campuses.
Registration is compulsory. Due to venue capacities, places in this program are limited so we recommend registering as soon as possible.
The Faculty of Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences and the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences have joined with our Onshore Recruitment team to put together an exciting two day program that will showcase the faculties and programs at both locations.
The campuses are so big and have so much happening that it is necessary to spread the program over two days. In order to make it possible for you to join us for both days we have organised free overnight accommodation at the Dookie campus, with all meals provided.
Dookie campus is the largest education farm campus in the Southern Hemisphere. During the seminar there will be:
- Tours of the campus including the robotic dairy
- Access to course information on programs offered by the campus and University of Melbourne
- Listen to course information lectures on the Diploma in General Studies, Bachelor of Agriculture and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine programs
- Meet and chat to our academic staff and current students
- Experience a Breadth subjects session with Sonja Needs, Lecturer in Wine, Climate Change Adaptation and Animal Science
- Pallet Mapping (Wine Tasting) and The language of wine lesson (Wine Tasting) - learn about the smell of wine, how to properly taste and understand wine
- Visit one of the oldest working wineries in Australia
- Feast on the popular Dookie steaks.
On the Monday we will drive (own car) to Shepparton Rural Heath campus which will focus on Rural Health teaching and training:
- Tour of the rural health facilities including simulation laboratory and student accommodation
- Academic presentations including a keynote address by Professor Julian Wright, Director of Medical Student Education, Department of Rural Health
- Hear about Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences suite of courses
- Student panel of current students.
The University of Melbourne will be providing a full two day program, accommodation, wine for the tasting sessions and all meals. Participants will need to provide their own transport and we encourage car-pooling so you can share the driving with a fellow careers practitioner friend. Please note places are limited so book in early.