Choose a well-known person (from the past or present day) whom you admire, and explain why?
Simply complete an entry form and submit a 500-word essay (as a PDF attachment) in English on the above topic.
Winners will be announced in the first week of March 2019
Entries will close Monday February 25, 2019
Who can enter the competition:
Entry is free and open to Taiwanese residents, aged between 14 and 17 years old, who are enrolled in local and international middle or senior high school.
Please note: Students holding Australian/New Zealand citizenship, or permanent residence, or Australia/New Zealand dual-passport, are not eligible for entry in this competition.
- Two-weeks Young Leaders Program Scholarships x 2
- One-week Young Leaders Program Scholarships x 2
Scholarships are only valid for July 2019 Programs:
- Week 1: Sunday 7 July – Sunday 14 July
- Week 2: Sunday 14 July – Sunday 21 July
What else is included in the competition prize:
- Accommodation at Trinity College for the duration of the YLP. All students will stay in a Trinity College dorm room, sharing with one other student of the same gender and where possible, same age, but from another country. Males and females will be in separate buildings (where possible) or on separate floors. Each floor is supervised by at least two mentors. Bedding, towels, blankets, and laundry facilities are all provided. Please note, the College is a secure facility, protected by a 24-hour security service.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the duration of the program.
- Academic tuition, mentoring, leadership and extra-curricular activities. All activities and excursions are fully supervised by trained staff.
- The opportunity to participate in lectures and workshops at Trinity College and the University of Melbourne with other like-minded young leaders from around the world.
- Please review the conditions of entry before entering.
What is NOT included in the competition prize:
Personal spending, airfare cost, visa application fee and travel insurance are not included in this prize.
Conditions of Entry
- Entry is free and open to Taiwanese residents, aged between 14 and 17 years old, who are enrolled in local and international middle or senior high school.
- Students holding Australian/New Zealand citizenship, or permanent residence, or Australia/New Zealand dual-passport, are not eligible for entry in this competition
- All entries must include a completed entry form. Essay MUST be included in ONE PDF document. The size should be no more than 3Mb.
- The essay must be your own work, completed without assistance, with no parts copied from the internet or other sources.
- The scholarship includes all meals, accommodation, tours and activities for the duration of the program.
- Personal spending, airfare money, visa application fee and travel insurance are not included in this prize.
- Winners will be announced and prizes will be presented through email.
- Essays submitted for the competition remain the property of University of Melbourne and Trinity College and will not be made available for public distribution or access.
- Judging of the essays will be completed by a panel of professional staff and academics from University of Melbourne and Trinity College. Decisions regarding the winners will be final.
What is the Young Leaders program?
Experience life at Australia's No. 1 ranked University
The Young Leaders Program, offered at Trinity College, the University of Melbourne, provides students aged between 14 and 17 the opportunity to broaden their outlook on learning and study, to be inspired, to increase their confidence, to practice leadership skills and to consider their future directions. Each year students from all around the world participate in this life-changing residential program. The opportunity to live on campus and participate in lectures and workshops at Trinity College and the University of Melbourne with other like-minded young leaders from around the world provides students a unique international experience.
Trinity College, the University of Melbourne, is an environment in which students who want to succeed can thrive. Students leave the Program feeling motivated, inspired and transformed. Some key words previous students have used to describe the experience include: 'awesome', 'best experience', 'unforgettable', 'meaningful', 'amazing', 'exciting', 'beyond expectations' and ‘one of the best weeks of my life.’
Find out more about Trinity College Young Leader’s Program.