Experience life at Melbourne
Thinking about studying at uni? Come and experience UniMelb life for yourself at our Dookie campus and learn about our key disciplines and pathway opportunities across undergraduate and diploma courses.
What's on at Discover Melbourne at Dookie?
Meet our Melbourne community
Meet academics, future student teams and current students to get a better understanding of your study options and the careers they can lead to.
Discover Access Melbourne opportunities
Find out how to apply for Access Melbourne, our special entry access scheme, offering guaranteed entry to eligible students from regional and remote areas.
See how our curriculum works
Join in-person sessions to see the Melbourne curriculum in action and learn how it can prepare you for a future-oriented workplace.
Tour the Dookie campus
Take a tour of the Dookie campus and see how it’s a focal point for key research, teaching and technology development that is helping to shape the future of agriculture in Australia.
Imagine yourself at Melbourne
Swinburne Hall - G11
Hear about all things Melbourne including the Melbourne Curriculum, study areas and scholarships, as well as prerequisite subjects and entry requirements. Presented by Ros Gall & Cara Scobie.
The Melbourne Student Experience
Hear from local current undergraduate students about what they were thinking when they were in your shoes. We’ll talk about surviving and thriving in VCE, how to choose a course and what uni is really like.
Graduate Student Panel
Meet current graduate students and learn about why they chose to do further study, their student experience and chosen professions.
Discover the Dookie Dairy (Bus Tour)
Visit our high-tech robotic dairy and discover how precision technology increases the efficiency of milk production and improves animal health outcomes. Tours will depart from outside the Main Administration Building, capacity limits will apply.
Wine Tasting and Tour
Dookie Winery, Ring Road
Check out Dookie’s working winery, learn about wine making and sample some of our delicious wine made onsite. Wine tasting is 18+ only.
Student Society BBQ
The Agricultural and Food Sciences Society are hosting a BBQ, so you can grab a bite to eat and recharge between sessions. Visit the Student Hub on Gilbert Chandler Community Centre Lawn
Explore our beautiful Dookie Campus with a current student. The tour includes the main campus, accommodation, and winery. Tours will depart on the hour from outside the Academic Centre.
Course Information and Student Services
Explore course pathways and find out about exchange, careers and internships, scholarships, how to apply and accommodation and colleges. Visit the Student Hub on Gilbert Chandler Community Centre Lawn
Meet our Students
Chat with local current student about what it’s really like to study at Melbourne. You can ask them about the Dookie or Parkville campus, their course, tips they have for VCE and more. Visit the Student Hub on Gilbert Chandler Community Centre Lawn
Frequently asked questions
Dookie campus is an agricultural facility set on the tranquil rolling hills between Shepparton and Benalla in Victoria, Australia. Situated on 2,440 hectares the campus includes a small community which houses our students and teaching staff, merino sheep, an orchard, robotic dairy, winery and a natural bush reserve. The campus can be found at 940 Dookie-Nalinga Rd, Dookie VIC 3647.
To ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of our community we have COVIDSafe plans in place across the Dookie campus. As part of these plans, the University:
- Observes COVIDSafe behaviours, and
- Strongly recommends wearing of masks indoors and where physical distancing isn’t possible.
Please also note:
- Discover Melbourne at Dookie attendees can read about COVID-19 vaccination at the University.
- Discover Melbourne at Dookie attendees should complete a symptom self-assessment prior to leaving home and not come to the event if they are unwell, even with very mild symptoms, and even if testing negative on a rapid antigen test.
- Discover Melbourne at Dookie attendees should not come to the event if they are required to isolate or quarantine for any reason and/or awaiting results of a COVID-19 test. They are also encouraged to reconsider their need to attend the event if they are a household or close contact.
- If an attendee becomes unwell or develops COVID19 related symptoms during the event, they should leave campus immediately and follow the University’s COVID-19 testing and notification advice.
- If an attendee tests positive to COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending Discover Melbourne at Dookie, they should follow the University’s COVID-19 testing and notification advice and notify the Public Health Network.
- If someone who attends Discover Melbourne at Dookie subsequently reports a positive COVID-19 test result, it will be listed on the COVID-19 cases on campus webpage. Attendees are encouraged to monitor this site following the event for information related to any potential exposures to COVID-19 at Discover Melbourne at Dookie.
Read more about the University’s COVIDSafe measures.
Friends and family are welcome to attend Discover Melbourne at Dookie, whether they have registered or not.
If you have questions about Discover Melbourne at Dookie or related to future study at Melbourne, you can enquire with our student support team.