Benefit from a comprehensive academic support program
Enjoy great food and conversation in our heritage dining hall
Apply early to secure your place
2022 applications are now open.
- Utilities and internet included
- Walking distance to the city and University
- A range of study spaces of varying sizes in our heritage buildings
- Dining Hall with full catering options, including formal dinners
- Rooftop terrace with city views
- Music practice rooms and equipment
- Creative spaces with art and craft supplies provided
- Printing and photocopying equipment
- 2 minutes' walk to the beautiful, heritage-listed Carlton gardens
- TV and games room
- University of Melbourne gym membership included
- Secure bike storage
- Secure parcel storage at reception
- Cinema room
- Communal living areas
- Communal kitchen
- Key card entry
- 24-hour staff on site
Take a look around
Our residents show you some of their favourite spaces and places around Medley Hall.
Accommodation and costs
Living at Medley Hall can be more affordable than private accommodation, especially when you take into account the added pastoral, social and academic support that is provided.
Medley Hall costs $28,599 AUD for 39 weeks.
Payment plans can be arranged and contracts can be extended with additional charge.
Included as part of your college residential fee:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week
- All utility bills
- Internet access
- All academic and college programs
- Medley Hall student club fees
- University of Melbourne gym membership.
Medley Hall has a generous financial support program for eligible students in financial need. More than 50% of students in 2021 received a fee remission bursary towards the cost of college. Contact us for more information.
Every student room in Medley Hall is modern, bright , and well ventilated. All rooms are single occupancy (there are no shared rooms) and are fully accessible.
Each room has:
- Bed (with mattress and mattress protector)
- Desk, pin board, desk chair and desk light
- Hydronic heating
- Double glazing
- Internet access
- Shared unisex bathrooms close to all bedrooms (one wheelchair accessible per floor) and a fully equipped kitchenette on each floor.
Facilities available on each floor:
- Dining table
- Kettle and toaster.
Extra facilities available in some graduate and senior student rooms:
- Ensuite bathrooms
Cydelia House - Graduate Housing
Cydelia House is a facility of two Victorian terraces on Drummond Street providing accommodation for mature age and and graduate students. A total of 18 rooms are available at Cydelia House.