The Lofts at Melbourne Connect
Set to open in 2021.
Our newest graduate accommodation will offer you an affordable and sustainable home, located in Melbourne Connect. Melbourne Connect will be a collaboration precinct, designed to bring together highest calibre industry, researchers, entrepreneurs, and thinkers.
Your new home offers:
- 527 beds
- a central location metres from our Parkville campus and in the centre of the Melbourne Innovation District
- close proximity to the popular food and shopping district of Lygon Street
- access to support services, including an alumni career skills and employability program
- a place to stay for visiting academics and fellows.
If you submit a first preference for The Lofts at Melbourne Connect, the application fee will go towards your rent once you move into the residence. In the event that The Lofts at Melbourne Connect is not ready in time for your move-in date, we will arrange suitable alternate accommodation for you at no extra cost. When we open The Lofts at Melbourne Connect, you’ll be able to move into your new room straight away.
- Staffed reception with mailroom service
- Onsite childcare facility and retail outlets
- Top floor cinema and sky lounge
- Dedicated study and meeting spaces
- Large multipurpose common room
- Library and shared study spaces
- Multimedia room
- Rooftop garden, BBQ and outdoor screen
- Communal kitchen and dining spaces
- Communal terraces
- Bicycle parking
- Shared laundry facilities
- Large pergola balcony
- Games room
- Group meeting and study rooms
|Room types1||Weekly rate3 2021|
|4 bedroom 2 bathroom||$395|
|2 bedroom 1 bathroom||$399|
|4 bedroom 2 bathroom with shared balcony||$400|
|4 bedroom 2 bathroom with private balcony||$405|
|2 bedroom 1 bathroom with private balcony||$405|
|4 bedroom 4 bathroom||$445|
|4 bedroom 4 bathroom with private balcony||$455|
|3 bedroom 3 bathroom||$460|
|1 bedroom 1 bathroom||$515|
|1 bedroom 1 bathroom with private balcony||$520|
1 All rooms are single occupancy
2 Studio refers to a room that includes a kitchenette and bathroom
3 Weekly rate available for 6 and 12 month leases. All rates are in $AUD, per person, per week Studios
|The University of Melbourne||Stop 1 (Parkville)||300m||4min||1min||N/A|
|The University of Melbourne (Southbank campus)||Stop 1 (Southbank)||3.1km||39min||13min||24min|
|The University of Melbourne Sports Centre||Tin Alley, The University of Melbourne||700m||8min||3min||N/A|
|Closest University library||Giblin Eunson Library||800m||9min||3min||N/A|
|Closest supermarket||Woolworths, Lygon St||400m||5min||2min||N/A|
|Closest bank||Bendigo Bank||300m||4min||2min||N/A|
|Closest ATM||Commonwealth Bank ATM||300m||4min||2min||N/A|
|Melbourne city||Melbourne Central Station||1.6km||20min||6min||14min|
All inclusive room rate
The rate includes utilities (water, electricity, gas etc), Wi-Fi, and a wellbeing and residential life program.
Live with other students in a contemporary home designed exclusively for graduates. Features include access to an open-air, green public space.
Initiatives include electric vehicle charging and rooftop solar panels. The residence is designed to achieve a 5 star NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) Energy Rating. It is also targeting a 6 star Green Star Design and As Built (World Excellence) Rating.