Doctor of Dental Surgery
- CRICOS Code: 071303G
Where will this take me?
- Acquire essential factual knowledge to become a general dentist and leader of the oral health team
- Disease processes and mechanisms together with their aetiologyclinical manifestations, prevention and treatment
- Professional skills and attitudes expected of a dental practitioner
- The ability to critically appraise research evidence relevant to common oral problems
- Induce oral health changes in individual patients and their families
- Practise effectively in oral health promotion and education
- Achieve the competencies identified by the Dental Practice Boards of Australia necessary for practice as a registered general dentist
- Communicate effectively with patients and their relatives, also with professional colleagues and members of other health professions.