Doctor of Philosophy - Arts
- CRICOS code: 056954J
What will I study?
3 to 4 years full-time / 6 to 8 years part-time
The award of the Doctor of Philosophy – Arts is based solely on external examination of the PhD research thesis. PhD thesis of 80,000 words.
Four subjects (25 points in total) undertaken in the first year of probationary candidature:
- All students are required to complete the Arts PhD Research Intensive (6.25 points total)
- All students are required to complete one PhD Research Workshop from the list below (6.25 points total)
- All students are required to complete two PhD Electives (12.5 points total) from the list below with the approval of the student’s supervisor
- In some cases, supervisory panels, disciplines or Schools will require their students to take particular Electives or Workshops
- Some subjects may be restricted to students with cognate disciplinary expertise in that area of study
- Language subjects that are essential to the student’s research thesis, or to improve a student’s English language proficiency, may be substituted for one PhD Elective (6.25 points) with approval from the student’s supervisor and require the endorsement of the subject coordinator and Faculty
Fore more information please see the Handbook entry for this course.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this degree.