Doctor of Philosophy - Business and Economics
- CRICOS Code: 056955G
- 5 years full time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic students and international students
What is it about?
The Graduate Research degrees are designed to develop graduates who demonstrate academic leadership, independence, creativity and innovation in their research work.
The Faculty of Business and Economics and Melbourne Business School hold Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
After graduating in the Doctoral program, you will acquire a variety of qualities and skills, including:
- an ability to initiate research and to formulate viable research questions;
- a demonstrated capacity to design, conduct and report sustained and original research;
- an ability to evaluate and synthesize research-based and scholarly literature;
- highly developed problem-solving abilities and flexibility of approach;
- the capacity to disseminate the results of research and scholarship by oral and written communication to a variety of audiences; and
- an understanding of the relevance and value of their research to national and international communities of scholars and collaborators.
The Doctoral Program will prepare you for research and teaching careers at top-ranked educational institutions and for careers where world-class research and advanced analytical skills are necessary. We offer an innovative doctoral program structure in the disciplines of:
You will initially enroll in a dedicated masters by coursework program followed by admission to the Doctor of Philosophy course.
A thesis-only Doctor of Philosophy course is offered in the discipline of Actuarial Studies.
Graduate researchers become part of a dynamic Faculty research culture which includes Department and Faculty-based seminars, research symposia and generous opportunities for travel for exchange and to attend national and international conferences, conduct research in archives, undertake fieldwork, internships and other activities that enhance a student’s research project and training.