Doctor of Philosophy (Jazz and Improvisation)
- CRICOS Code: 056960M
How to apply
Applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application.
PhD Researchers have a supervisory panel including a Principal Supervisor who will be their primary contact and mentor throughout the course. You should nominate a potential supervisor on your application, and contact them about your research proposal before submitting your application. You can find a potential research supervisor by reviewing the research interests and expertise of our academic staff on the Faculty of the Fine Arts and Music staff profiles.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Identify if appropriate supervision is available.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete the Application for admission to graduate research degree candidature and scholarship form including appending the requested documentation such as Academic transcripts, CV and Referee Reports.
- Complete any additional requirements.
- Submit the application by the deadline. You may apply at any time, however students are strongly encouraged to submit by the scholarship deadline - 31 October in the year prior to planned enrolment.