Doctor of Philosophy - Veterinary Science
- CRICOS Code: 056965F
What will I study?
The PhD thesis demonstrates authority in the candidate’s field and shows evidence of command of knowledge in relevant fields. It shows that the candidate has a thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques and an awareness of their limitations. The thesis also makes a distinct contribution to knowledge. Its contribution to knowledge rests on originality of approach and / or interpretation of the findings and, in some cases, the discovery of new facts. The thesis demonstrates an ability to communicate research findings effectively in the professional arena and in an international context. It is a careful, rigorous and sustained piece of work demonstrating that a research ‘apprenticeship’ is complete and the holder is admitted to the community of scholars in the discipline.
Demonstrate a significant command of knowledge in your chosen field
- Undertake a substantial piece of original research, under academic supervision
- Your PhD thesis will demonstrate authority in your chosen field and evidence of command of knowledge
- Display a thorough grasp of the appropriate methodological techniques
- Make a distinct contribution to knowledge, via an original approach and, where possible, the discovery of new facts
- Show your ability to communicate research findings effectively in the professional arena and in an international context
Make your contribution to key research areas
- Veterinary biosciences
- Animal sciences, health and welfare
- Infectious diseases, public health and biosecurity