Graduate Certificate in Arboriculture
What will I study?
Successful completion of 50 credit points (4 subjects), covering:
- Tree growth and function, including the biology, structure and environmental factors affecting tree performance
- Tree Identification and selection, including the recognition of common trees, and analysing and selecting trees for a range of applications
- Plant health, including the identification and treatment of common tree pests and diseases
- Urban tree management, including the methods of tree planning, assessment and evaluation.
Technical and professional skills
At the end of the course, you will be confidently able to:
- Manage urban forests
- Write management plans for urban trees
- Conduct tree risk assessments
- Discuss issues of sustainability in managing trees (including environmental, social, and economic factors)
- Act as an expert witness for local government or consumer and trade tribunal proceedings
- Articulate the contribution trees can make to urban life.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.