Graduate Certificate in Arboriculture
What will I study?
The Graduate Certificate in Arboriculture is a 50-point program (4 core subjects), covering:
- Tree growth and function, including the biology, structure and environmental factors affecting tree performance
- Tree Identification and selection, including the recognition of common trees, and analysing and selecting trees for a range of applications
- Plant health, including the identification and treatment of common tree pests and diseases
- Urban tree management, including the methods of tree planning, assessment and evaluation.
Technical and professional skills
At the end of the course, you will be confidently able to:
- Manage urban forests
- Write management plans for urban trees
- Conduct tree risk assessments
- Discuss issues of sustainability in managing trees (including environmental, social, and economic factors)
- Articulate the contribution trees can make to urban life.
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this certificate.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.