What will I study?
The Graduate Certificate has a core focus on:
- Understanding and generating ultrasound images
- Provides an introduction to transesophageal echocardiography
- Includes a variety of applications for transthoracic echocardiography
Three new electives will be introduced for Semester 2 2020:
- Abdominal and Peri-Arrest Ultrasound
- Obstetrics Gynaecology and Practicum
- Vessels Nerves Lungs and Musculoskeletal
As a student of this course, you will:
Develop advanced skills in echocardiography
Have a diagnostic-level understanding of echocardiography and its applications to the perioperative, emergency, and critical care settings, including transoesophageal echocardiography.
Expand your knowledge of other imaging techniques
Understand the underlying physics of medical ultrasound use, assessment techniques, and become competent in additional imaging techniques and modalities.
Gain knowledge directly relevant to your discipline
Acquire additional knowledge within your discipline and be familiar with methods of applying ultrasound-related knowledge in your clinical practice.
You will need to obtain practical experience at your institution or attend hands-on workshops to supplement your knowledge base, alternatively you could enrol in any of our practical workshops, giving you access to our innovative simulator room.
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Ultrasound is a 50-point program, designed to take six months if studying full time, or one year if undertaken part-time.
You must complete four subjects, each worth 12.5 points:
- One core subject
- Three electives.
- A part-time workload involves two subjects per semester, with an estimated 10 hours study time per week.
- A full-time workload involves four subjects per semester and an estimated 20 hours study time per week.
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this certificate.
50 point program
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.