Graduate Certificate in Education (Learning Difficulties)
Where will this take me?
This course is designed for classroom teachers who wish to have a better understanding of the needs of students with specific learning disabilities who have been placed in their classrooms.
Advance your teaching skills
You'll graduate as a highly-valued educator with the ability to perform intervention-based learning for students.
The course will prepare you to:
- Apply knowledge about research and practice relevant to learning difficulties, including dyslexia and dyscalculia.
- Analyse theory and instruction, intervention and assessment practices related to learners with literacy and numeracy difficulties.
- Critically review a range of published resources and research relevant to understanding and addressing learning difficulties.
- Exhibit skills that impact practice in their setting and share knowledge with others, including their colleagues.
- Translate research to practice for learners with learning difficulties, including dyslexia and dyscalculia.
After successfully completing this course you may be eligible for 50 credit points towards the Master of Learning Intervention.