Where will this take me?
Our graduates go on to work as: strategy and policy advisors, environmental planners, project officers, sustainability specialists, private consultants, environmental scientists, ESD consultants, risk management specialists, entrepreneurs, waste management specialists.
Employers in this field include:
- Government departments of agriculture, environment and policy, including Parks Victoria
- Local government
- Environmental consultancies and start-ups
- Education and community development providers
- Not-for-profits and non-governmental organisations
- International aid agencies, including the United Nations.
Technical and professional skills
On graduating from the course you’ll have knowledge to undertake professional practice in environment or sustainability.
Additionally, you’ll have professional skills in:
- Ability to critically analyse and synthesise environmental knowledge
- Cross-disciplinary teamwork
- Scientific communication, both written and oral.