Graduate Certificate in Eye Banking
- 1 year part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Mid Year Intake - July
A Graduate Certificate in Eye Banking is designed to deliver a comprehensive, advanced theoretical and technical -evidence-based education program to; existing eye bankers wishing to expand their knowledge, those new to the field and peers working in related and relevant sectors.
The online course work, endorsed by the Eye Bank Association of Australia and New Zealand (EBAANZ), has been conveniently mapped out across 3 subjects, allowing completion within as little as 1 year.
Students will gain valuable education on the role of the eye bank within the health system, common eye conditions requiring transplantation, donor selection, tissue allocation, the systems and regulations that underpinning ocular transplantation, and the diversity and differences in the management of eye tissue around the world. An additional component of this coursework will explore bioethics in both the national and international context.
The Graduate Certificate offers a comprehensive understanding of the sector and advanced knowledge of donor and process management, whilst the nested Specialist Certificate focuses on the introduction and foundation of eye banking.
Professionals involved in other transplant sectors, ophthalmology and global eye care development are also encouraged to enrol in this course.
Related pathway courses
You may also be interested in the following courses:
- Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work
- Graduate Certificate in Dental Therapy (Advanced Clinical Practice)
- Graduate Certificate in Managing Early Psychosis
- Graduate Certificate in Transfusion Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy
- Specialist Certificate in Blood Management Foundations
- Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- Specialist Certificate in Eye Banking
- Specialist Certificate in Paediatric Orthopaedic Physiotherapy