Graduate Certificate in Global Wine Studies
- 6 months full time / 1 year part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Summer Intake - February
The University of Melbourne has a long association with wine and the wine industry. Its Wine Industry Centre (UMWIC) at Dookie coordinates the full range of wine growing, production, teaching and research pursued by the university. The region is famous for a long history of wine production and teaching, reaching back to the 1870s', and is the perfect place for present day education in the industry. The Graduate Certificate in Global Wine Studies is course that combines:
- Intensive delivery of course work to introduce participants to the culture and commerce of the global wine industry, building industry knowledge and olfactory skills leveraging the resources based at Dookie, with
- A 'hands on' examination of the French derivation of the modern wine industry and its influence on the evolution and emergence of new world wine industries such as in Australia, principally through an outstanding field trip of the ultra-premium wine regions of France where you experience the culture and traditions of the French wine and food industries first hand.
Related pathway courses
You may also be interested in the following course: