Graduate Certificate in Infectious Disease Epidemiology
Where will this take me?
The Graduate Certificate of Infectious Disease Epidemiology will give you a comprehensive understanding of infectious disease epidemiology from a practical and modelling approach. You will be able to undertake basic data analysis and interpret infectious disease models used for decision making.
As a graduate of this course, you will have the skills to investigate outbreaks, consider infectious disease surveillance systems, analyse infectious disease data and implement infectious disease containment measures.
The subjects completed within the Graduate Certificate can be used as credit in the world-renowned University of Melbourne Master of Public Health Degree.
Depending on your background, possible career outcomes include:
- Infectious disease epidemiologist
- Public health officer (including tasks such as outbreak investigation and contact tracing)
- Policy or Program officer
Employers of these roles include:
- Local, state/territory and federal governments
- Research and academic institutions
- Health care service providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- World Health Organization
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
Students interested in further study at the completion of the Graduate Certificate will be well placed to undertake: