What will I study?
Gain expert strategies for teaching and learning modern languages education. And you'll develop know-how to help recognise and analyse the needs of students who require modern language education.
- Course code: GC-MLED
- 6 months full time or 1 year part time
- 50 points of coursework, comprising 4 x specialist core subjects:
- Second Language Teaching Methodology
- Grammar for Language Teachers
- Language Acquisition and Teaching
- Supervised Teaching (Second Language).
After successfully completing this course you will be eligible for 50 credit points towards the Master of Modern Languages Education, as well as other master courses.
For detailed course and subject information, see the University Handbook: Graduate Certificate in Modern Languages Education.
- Lectures and tutorials, on-campus at Parkville.
- 22 days of supervised placement at a school or similar setting during school hours.
- Semester 1, Semester 2
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.