Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice
- 1 year part time
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Summer Intake - January and Term 3 Intake - July
With a growing demand for registered nurses who are competent in the technical and highly complex field of acute care nursing, the University of Melbourne has developed the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice. Students can choose to focus on cardiorespiratory or renal nursing.
This course is delivered online by leading experts in the nursing field. You will gain highly sought-after clinical knowledge and develop practical skills by undertaking workplace clinical assessments at your hospital.
The course is based on the latest evidence and best practice guidelines, leading to high quality care for patients. On completion, graduates will be able to deliver patient care with confidence, gaining professional and industry recognition for your specialty practice.
As a graduate of this course, you’ll be eligible for entry into the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice. You can also choose to exit the course with a Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice, after undertaking Applied Pathophysiology and Nursing Specialty 1.
At Australia's #1 university, your online learning experience will be rich and engaging. Online study will allow you to continue your professional development while allowing you to easily fit your learning around other life commitments.
This course is available to international students, provided an overseas hospital or health service partner be willing to nominate you and support you to undertake the clinical practice component of the course. Students taking the course from overseas are not required to have an international student visa.
The Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice provides students with an in-depth understanding of the scientific knowledge and evidence-based practice that underpins acute care nursing practice, the ability to apply critical thinking skills to complex clinical situations to individuals who are acutely ill, and lifelong skills to facilitate knowledge and skill development as a specialty nurse. Students will gain the clinical competency to demonstrate application of knowledge to patients with either cardiac and respiratory diseases, or renal conditions, depending on the subjects selected.
Related pathway courses
You may also be interested in the following courses:
- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Cancer and Palliative Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Critical Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Emergency)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Neonatal Intensive Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Paediatric Intensive Care)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Paediatrics)
- Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice (Rural Critical Care)
- Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care