Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care
Where will this take me?
Over the ten years since the course was introduced, over 190 students have successfully graduated from this program and put their knowledge into practice providing care for patients and their families in various fields. Graduates have included nurses, doctors, social workers, family support workers, occupational therapists, psychologists, speech therapists, art therapists, physiotherapists and pastoral carers.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Recognise the role of the multidisciplinary team and how the palliative approach to care is effective in improving patient outcomes
- Understand the concept of holistic care as applied to a person with a life limiting illness
- Be able to apply the principles of palliative care practice to a range of settings
- Understand the core principles of palliative care practice as they apply to the care of someone with a life-limiting illness
- Explore the psychosocial impact of a life-limiting illness on the patient and their family.