Graduate Certificate in Small Animal Ultrasound Abdominal
Where will this take me?
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course the candidate should be able to:
- Acquire diagnostic ultrasound images of the abdomen of dogs and cats
- Describe the abnormalities identified during the ultrasound examination of the abdomen
- Interpret the abnormalities identified with respect to the patient’s other clinical information
- Obtain fine needle aspirates or biopsy samples as indicated by the ultrasound examination
- Communicate their findings and interpretation orally and in the form of a written ultrasound report.
Prepare for the ANZCVS ECC membership examinations
Passing of ANZCVS ECC membership examinations is a mandatory requirement before a veterinarian is able to sit specialty veterinary examinations within Australia. This course covers all the material in the ultrasound component of the ANZCVS Radiology Membership examination, making it a valuable step for those entering into a residency position in this area.