Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education
Where will this take me?
Intended learning outcomes
Subjects should provide participants with a thorough grounding in theory and practice of medical and surgical education.
After the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss key educational theories
- Use educational theory to enhance teaching and learning activities
- Describe relevant policy, settings, format and processes of surgical education
- Evaluate contemporary approaches to surgical education
- Describe simulation-based education relevant to surgical training
- Constructively critique educational practices
- Appraise educational technology including e-learning
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in a range of educational settings (as learner, peer, teacher, examiner)
- Design innovative educational programs in response to real world challenges
- Describe approaches to researching surgical education
- Appreciate the role of research in developing the field
- Exercise appropriate professional judgment in the area of surgical education.
Related pathway courses
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education can gain full credit (50 credit points) towards the Graduate Diploma and the Master of Surgical Education: