Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
What will I study?
1 year, however you are allowed up to 2 years to complete the course.
This is a 50 point part-time program.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to extend their critical interest and technical skills in the disciplines of visual art
- Develop student facility with their selected visual art materials and methods appropriate to postgraduate entry level through studio workshops and supervised studio practice
- Develop awareness of professional studio and critical practices that comprise the contemporary art profession
- Demonstrate through critical writing and discussion the capacity to articulate judgements and opinions that reflect an understanding of the field
At the completion of the course students should be able to:
- Demonstrate capacities for artistic imagination, creativity, transformation and interpretation
- Demonstrate a flexible and innovative approach to the national and international challenges for the professional visual artist in the 21st century
- Demonstrate an open, independent and inquiring attitude towards contemporary cultural developments and new ideas
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this certificate.