Graduate Certificate of Dental Public Health
Where will this take me?
You may be a dental practitioner considering non-clinical opportunities to use your skills, or you may be interested in working in multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative public health solutions. The Graduate Certificate of Dental Public Health can offer many potential pathways for practicing oral health therapists and dentists.
Career advancement opportunities
The Graduate Certificate of Dental Public Health offers many opportunities for graduates wishing to specialise in this area of health.
If you are a current dental practitioner that wants to expand your view and influence beyond the clinic, this program is for you. The Graduate Certificate of Dental Public Health can lead you to opportunities to be involved in administrative or leadership positions in government agencies, universities, hospitals, and research centres.
The Graduate Certificate of Dental Public Health can also provide a great pathway into academia, policy and advocacy in dental public health.
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Apply a population health perspective for causes of oral diseases and conditions
- Identify interventions for reducing oral diseases and social and economic inequalities in oral health outcomes at a population-level
- Develop evaluation strategies for oral health promotion and policy interventions
- Engage with a range of stakeholders to develop interventions to reduce the burden of oral diseases at the population level
- Communicate population oral health research findings to stakeholders and audience from diverse backgrounds
The Graduate Certificate will also provide credit into the University’s flagship Master of Public Health (MPH) program.