Graduate Diploma in Ageing
What will I study?
In this course you will:
- Learn how national and global politics, economics, ethics and social equity influence the way society plans for and meets infrastructure and service delivery requirements of ageing populations in Australia and around the world.
- Hear expert perspectives on the trends, issues and challenges faced by communities, organisations, businesses and governments
- Investigate how an ageing population drives workforce and retirement trends, and how recent technological advances can revolutionise the ageing experience.
- Develop the capacity to identify market needs, negotiate with government and shape policy
- Learn how to identify and analyse the multiple determinants of healthy ageing and develop integrative approaches to managing them.
Develop solutions to complex ageing issues
You’ll learn how to apply comprehensive knowledge of the ageing experience from conceptual and practical dimensions of the course to develop solutions to complex ageing issues.
Appraise ageing-related systems
You’ll learn to describe and appraise systems, structures and policies in Australia and other countries that address ageing.
Assess strategies aimed at promoting healthy living
You’ll be able to critically assess strategies aimed at promoting healthy and productive ageing across the lifespan (ie legislation, policy and community development).
To gain the Graduate Diploma in Ageing you must complete 100 points comprising of:
- Four core subjects
- Four elective subjects.
The estimated hours required for each subject is between 15 -19 hours per week, but this varies for each student and depends on your task management and planning, familiarity with the material, reading style and speed.
You can also study single subjects to contribute to your professional development. For more information, please contact Student Support.
Sample course plan
View some sample course plans to help you select subjects that will meet the requirements for this diploma.
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this diploma.