Graduate Diploma in Data Science
- CRICOS code: 095994M
What will I study?
The Graduate Diploma in Data Science is a 100-point course, made up of:
- Core statistics subjects (50 points)
- Core computer science subjects (50 points).
In the course, you'll cover:
- Statistical modelling and inference
- Algorithms, machine learning and data mining
- Database systems
- Using a range of methods to conduct analyses
- Reporting on analytical findings.
Tailoring the course to you
Your subjects will be tailored to you, depending on your previous academic background.
You'll be allocated to one of four streams (Engineering and Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or Commerce and Arts).
You will be automatically assessed for credit (advanced standing) during the selection process. If you've already studied some of the core subjects (or their equivalents), you may be granted exemptions. In these cases, you'll take additional subjects to yield 100 points in total (50 points of statistics subjects and 50 points of computer science subjects).
Explore this course
Explore the subjects you could choose as part of this diploma.