Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education
Where will this take me?
Intended learning outcomes
Subjects should provide participants with a thorough grounding in theory and practice of medical and surgical education.
After the program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss key educational theories
- Use educational theory to enhance teaching and learning activities
- Describe relevant policy, settings, format and processes of surgical education
- Evaluate contemporary approaches to surgical education
- Describe simulation-based education relevant to surgical training
- Constructively critique educational practices
- Appraise educational technology including e-learning
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in a range of educational settings (as learner, peer, teacher, examiner)
- Design innovative educational programs in response to real world challenges
- Describe approaches to researching surgical education
- Appreciate the role of research in developing the field
- Exercise appropriate professional judgement in the area of surgical education.