Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education
Where will this take me?
Help train the surgeons of tomorrow
The Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education is designed to fill a vital role in the future of health care in Australia.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons estimates that Australia may face a surgical workforce crisis before 2025 unless there is a substantial increase in the number of graduating surgeons. To meet this need, we need expert educators.
Participants in the Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education course will come away with a thorough grounding in theory and practice of medical and surgical education. You’ll gain the skills to create and deliver robust educational programs, and the tools necessary to channel your surgical expertise into essential medical education.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Design and deliver innovative educational programs in response to real-world challenges
- Use educational theory to enhance teaching and learning activities
- Evaluate contemporary approaches to surgical education
- Appreciate the role of research in developing the field
- Constructively critique educational practices
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication in a range of educational settings (as learner, peer, teacher, and examiner).