- CRICOS Code: 073303C
Where will this take me?
The Melbourne JD leads to admission to the legal profession in all Australian jurisdictions, and can be used as a basis for seeking admission in many overseas jurisdictions.
The Melbourne JD is well-regarded by a wide-range of employers and can be used to pursue a variety of careers in different sectors.
Melbourne Law School graduates work as:
- Judges, Judges’ Associates and others in the judicial sector
- Barristers and public prosecutors
- Lawyers in law firms
- In-house and corporate lawyers
- Lawyers in the community sector (ie community legal centres)
- Lawyers in not-for-profit organisations (ie human rights NGOs)
- Government lawyers
- Policy analysts and advisers in government
- Management consultants
- Merchant bankers
As a JD student, you’ll have access to specialised career services, such as a mentoring program, workshops and mock interviews with dedicated advisors, to help you achieve your professional goals.