- CRICOS Code: 073303C
Where will this take me?
The Melbourne JD leads to admission to the legal profession in all Australian jurisdictions, and can be used as a basis for seeking admission in many overseas jurisdictions.
The Melbourne JD qualification is well-regarded by a broad range of employers. Our most recent survey reveals outstanding employment outcomes for our JD graduates, with an employment rate of 95 per cent for the class of 2016. Melbourne Law School graduates include:
- Judges, Judges’ Associates and others in the judicial sector
- Barristers and public prosecutors
- Lawyers in law firms
- In-house and corporate lawyers
- Lawyers in the community sector (ie community legal centres)
- Lawyers in not-for-profit organisations (ie human rights NGOs)
- Government lawyers
- Policy analysts and advisers in government
- Management consultants
- Merchant bankers
Melbourne Law School works proactively with employers to create opportunities exclusively for our students. As a JD student, you’ll have access to specialised career services to help you achieve your career aspirations.