- CRICOS Code: 073303C
Where will this take me?
The Melbourne JD leads to admission to the legal profession in all Australian jurisdictions, and can be used as a basis for seeking admission in many overseas jurisdictions.
The Melbourne JD is well-regarded by a wide-range of employers and can be used to pursue a variety of careers in different sectors. Our most recent careers survey reveals outstanding employment outcomes for our JD graduates, with an employment rate of 98 per cent for the class of 2017.
Melbourne Law School graduates work as:
- Judges, Judges’ Associates and others in the judicial sector
- Barristers and public prosecutors
- Lawyers in law firms
- In-house and corporate lawyers
- Lawyers in the community sector (ie community legal centres)
- Lawyers in not-for-profit organisations (ie human rights NGOs)
- Government lawyers
- Policy analysts and advisers in government
- Management consultants
- Merchant bankers
As a JD student, you’ll have access to specialised career services, such as a mentoring program, workshops and mock interviews with dedicated advisors, to help you achieve your professional goals.