Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Mental Health)
- 18 months full time / 3 years part time
- On Campus
- Available to domestic and international students
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Mental Health) at the University of Melbourne allows graduate masters-prepared nurses to assume a major responsibility in developing new professional roles, devising new models of care and overseeing dynamic changes to mental health nursing practice.
As a clinically proficient and professionally articulate MANP graduate in the specialty of mental health nursing, graduates will be prepared to make their mark on the profession and on health care – including the ability to develop, implement and undertake new and innovative practices within legislative and professional boundaries within mental health nursing.
Graduates of the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Mental Health) will achieve:
- A comprehensive knowledge of relevant research literature related to mental health nursing practice
- Ability to analyse the socio-political influences on mental health nursing practice
- Ability to explore and evaluate the status of (and potential for) advanced mental health nursing practice in national and international contexts
- Ability to undertake an assessment of your practice, develop a plan and complete a planned program of knowledge and skill development
- Mastery of knowledge and skills to support extension to practice and the development of therapeutic and evidence-based nursing interventions in your work environment
- Attain oral and written communication skills to support advanced practice
- Developed planning, time management and teamwork skills to support advanced practice;
- Knowledge and skills to support culturally competent practice, leadership and/or education relevant to advanced practice in mental health nursing
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Mental Health) is a graduate coursework degree consisting of 150 points. Normally taking eighteen months of full-time study or part-time equivalent. The course offers a clinical practice component focused on a the specialty of mental health nursing.