Master of Advanced Nursing
- CRICOS code: 085339C
Please note: This course is not taking new applications for 2022. This course is currently under review, and it is unlikely it will run in 2022.
The Master of Advanced Nursing at The University of Melbourne prepares nurses with advanced knowledge and practice skills to assume responsibility for establishing new professional roles, devising new models of care and leading dynamic changes to nursing practice.
The first year of study in Master of Advanced Nursing provides the opportunity for students to extend their existing nursing knowledge and develop skills in specialty practice.
The second year of study builds on this specialisation by focusing on advanced practice skills and knowledge and prepare students for clinical leadership roles in nursing and healthcare.
On completion of the Master of Advanced Nursing the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant research literature related to Advanced Nursing Practice
- Ability to analyse key social and political influences on the delivery of specialist and Advanced Practice Nursing services
- The knowledge and skills required to explore and evaluate the status of (and potential for) Advanced Nursing Practice in national and international contexts
- Knowledge and skills to support extension to practice and the development of therapeutic and evidence-based nursing interventions in specialty and Advanced Nursing Practice
- The skills required to develop, implement and undertake new and innovative practices within established legislative and professional boundaries
- Knowledge and skills to support culturally competent practice, leadership and/or education relevant to Advanced Nursing Practice
The Master of Advanced Nursing is an 18-month program. The first year of study provides the opportunity for students to extend their existing nursing knowledge and develop skills in specialty practice.
The remainder of the course builds on this specialisation by focusing on advanced practice skills and knowledge. Specifically, it will prepare students for clinical leadership roles in nursing and healthcare.