Master of Advanced Social Work (Research)
- CRICOS code: 064990E
What will I study?
You will be completing a thesis of 30,000 words and two coursework subjects. Refer to the Department of Social Work.
- You will be required to attend departmental seminars over the period of your candidature.
- You will be required to complete a minimum of 6 months full-time research at the University to benefit from planning, conducting and writing up of your research within a University community and environment.
- Normally the entire degree is undertaken at the University.
- To be eligible to submit a thesis for examination, you must be enrolled in your course for the minimum period of 12 months full-time equivalent.
- You will be enrolled into a thesis subject for the duration of the degree.
- You will have appropriately experienced academics available to arrange a course of supervised research designed to suit the individual requirements and interests of the candidate.
- You may be required to supplement your research program by attendance at, or enrolment in, additional subjects if considered necessary by the supervisor(s).
- Academic progress in regard to the research thesis will be reviewed regularly throughout the degree.
- Your thesis will be examined externally. The thesis should normally be 30,000 words in length excluding tables, illustrations and bibliography.
- You should refer to the University policy library the Graduate Research Hub for further information regarding candidature, academic progress, ethics, thesis preparation and examination.
- Not all elective subjects will be available every year. Some may be on a two-year cycle. You may vary your course plans by negotiation with the Supervisor if you wish to undertake a specific specialist or elective subject.