Master of Agricultural Sciences
- CRICOS Code: 085097E
Where will this take me?
The Master of Agricultural Sciences is designed to accelerate your career, whether you are looking for professional development or are seeking a change.
The Master of Agricultural Sciences can accelerate your career if you have already studied or worked in agriculture. You can choose from a range of science and management subjects and develop the knowledge to lead teams and grow a business. On average, Australians with a graduate degree earn $22,000 more per year than those with only a bachelors degree.
If you are looking to enter the agricultural sector after work or study in another area, this degree can give you the necessary scientific understanding and connections to help you transfer your skills and thrive in your new industry.
There are a wide range of fields you can work in based on your educational or work background, and what you choose to study in the Master of Agricultural Sciences.
- Banking and rural finance: Help banks make smart lending choices and businesses make good investments using your knowledge of agricultural finance and economics.
- Consultancy and advice: Apply your knowledge of agribusiness and risk management to help clients grow resilient businesses.
- Value chain management: Work with businesses to make their supply chains efficient and resilient, and find the best market for produce.
AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND INNOVATION SPECIALISATION
- Agricultural extension: Help farmers to adapt to changing conditions and work with stakeholders to apply the latest science and technology.
- Project management: Guide the work of science professionals with a diverse range of skillsets, applying your skills in communication, leadership and management.
- Science communication: Help non-scientists to adopt the latest science and technology to grow their businesses and
ANIMAL SCIENCE SPECIALISATION
- Animal nutrition: Ensure animal diets are nutritious and result in profitable and sustainable businesses as an employee or consultant.
- Animal production: Apply your knowledge of animal science to produce animal products that are safe, healthy and marketable.
- Animal welfare: Ensure the health and welfare of animals in production systems are maintained to a high standard and meet legal requirements.
CROP PRODUCTION SPECIALISATION
- Agronomy: Make decisions or provide advice to help farmers grow crops, feed and produce efficiently while maintaining the health of soil.
- Biosecurity and crop protection: Keep crops free of pests, and the environment free of diseases and invasive species by monitoring imports or developing advice and policy.
- Plant breeding: Develop crops that are more productive and disease- or drought-tolerant.
FOOD SUSTAINABILITY SPECIALISATION
- International development: Apply your knowledge to help developing communities grow their economies and opportunities through agriculture.
- Public policy: Use your knowledge of agricultural science, communication and economics to help governments develop guidelines and policy.
- Sustainable agriculture: Work with organisations to develop farming methods which reuse resources and maintain environmental health.