Master of Applied Positive Psychology
- CRICOS code: 079279E
Where will this take me?
You will learn how to create and evaluate positive and meaningful change and promote optimal leadership within organisations. Through your enhanced ability to improve positive leadership in workplaces, you could be ideally set for promotion into a role that leverages this skill.
Positive interventions are being brought into schools, workplaces and communities to help people feel good, function better and be more productive – this central focus of the course can benefit you in a wide range of careers and fields.
Through your studies and research projects, you will develop strong professional and personal connections with community and industry that will open doors to an outstanding future.
This course will prepare you to:
- Understand the conceptual and theoretical foundations of positive psychology
- Synthesise different wellbeing frameworks from various disciplines
- Develop strategies for individuals, groups and systems to enhance optimal functioning and promote health
- Identify common positive interventions used in a wide range of contexts such as education, workplaces and community settings
- Critically reflect on your own professional strengths and weaknesses
- Take a professional and ethical approach to the practice of positive psychology
- Understand the important factors involved in sustained behaviour change.
Finish your course confident of gaining employment, thanks to the excellent reputation of Melbourne Graduate School of Education. We have been ranked as #1 in Australia and #14 in the world for Education*, meaning a degree from us is a globally recognised achievement. Many of our graduates move into leadership positions or are successful in transitioning to a new career.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021: Education
Since graduating, business owner, Lela, extended her company and has been able to provide her clients with a more holistic offering. Reflecting on her studies in the Master of Applied Positive Psychology Lela feels she has become not only a better leader, but also a better parent.
I think everyone should study Positive Psychology. It changes the lens of how you work, learn, parent and live. Achieving my Masters of Applied Positive Psychology, has meant that I have now gained what I needed to provide a holistic offering to my clients.