Master of Architecture/Master of Urban Planning
- CRICOS code: 105516K
The Master of Architecture combined with the Master of Urban Planning positions students to be industry ready and have flexibility within the employment market. It gives you the opportunity to express your creativity while giving you the skills to plan and design for the improvement of urban spaces. The multidisciplinary approach gives you the ability to realise synergies between disciplines, broadening your skillset and giving you a contemporary understanding of the built environment profession.
This program aims to provide you with:
- highly developed skills to manage an architectural practice and lead or work within cross-discipline project teams;
- an understanding of Australian and international policy and planning affecting human settlements;
- a sustainable outlook with the ability to use new materials and technologies to create environmentally sustainable buildings;
- the ability to adapt and respond through planning and design to the global changes impacting our cities including climate change, deepening inequality, concerns for community health and safety, and the emergence of city-regions;
- a grounding in architectural history, theory and technology that leads to the creation of innovative architecture.
If you’re looking for networks to help with internships and job opportunities, or the funds to help you get to Melbourne, we have scholarships and bursaries to get you connected overseas and get you to Melbourne when you can. Find out what you may be eligible for.