Master of Clinical Education
Where will this take me?
The Master of Clinical Education provides an opportunity for you to develop recognised expertise and gain valuable insight and experience in clinical education theory, practice and research.
The Masters will enable you to lead others in developing and evaluating educational quality in your organisation. It will also provide a recognised platform of research training from which you could pursue ongoing research at a PhD level.
Intended learning outcomes
Graduates who gain the Masters of Clinical Education should have:
- An advanced body of knowledge in a range of contexts for professional practice, scholarship and as a pathway for further learning
- Knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to the study of clinical education
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice and scholarship
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice and scholarship in clinical education
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations and/or for further learning
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills with high level personal autonomy and accountability
- The ability to apply their knowledge and skills to plan and execute a substantial piece of research.