Master of Clinical Education
Where will this take me?
As a Masters graduate, you will be a leader in developing and evaluating educational quality in your organisation.
Your research project is tailored to your field of work, so you’ll become a specialist in a chosen topic relevant to your unique career path.
The Masters also provides a recognised platform of research training from which you could pursue ongoing research at a PhD level with the Department of Medical Education.
Intended learning outcomes
You will graduate from the Master of Clinical Education with:
- An advanced body of knowledge in a range of contexts for professional practice, scholarship and as a pathway for further learning
- Knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to the study of clinical education
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice and scholarship
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice and scholarship in clinical education
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations and/or for further learning
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills with high level personal autonomy and accountability
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills to plan and execute a substantial piece of research.