Master of Clinical Optometry
- 2 years part time
- Available to domestic and international students
- Start Year Intake - March and Mid Year Intake - July
The Master of Clinical Optometry is the University of Melbourne’s premier course for established optometrists seeking to develop a stronger practice and advance their careers.
Via a range of robust and challenging elective subjects, this course offers you the opportunity to develop your professional knowledge via an entirely online learning experience. You will gain specialist knowledge in areas including anterior eye disease, paediatric patients, contact lens patients, and glaucoma and retinal disease.
As a student, you will:
- Advance your clinical skills and apply evidence-based knowledge directly to your current practice
- Join a flexible and interactive learning community
- Be in direct contact with world-leading optometry academics and researchers.
Designed to be compatible with the Continuing Professional Development requirements of the Optometry Board of Australia, the Master of Clinical Optometry is the only fully online course in Australia that allows qualified optometrists to gain continuing CPD points while building towards a masters degree.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for already-qualified optometrists looking to advance their existing skills and knowledge. This course does not carry professional accreditation and is not a pathway to professional registration as an optometrist.
You will also gain accredited continuing professional development (CPD) points as you study and work towards the Masters qualification*.
*CPD points are relevant to practitioners based in Australia or New Zealand. Suitably qualified overseas candidates are also welcome to apply.
Components of the Master of Clinical Optometry can be undertaken separately as Specialist Certificates:
- Specialist Certificate in Anterior and Dry Eye Disorders
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Low Vision Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Paediatric Patients.