Master of Clinical Ultrasound
The Master in Clinical Ultrasound selects students who have extensive prior knowledge of medicine, and the pathophysiology and treatment options relevant to the use of medical ultrasound. It is particularly suitable for students that have successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Ultrasound.
Course materials can be accessed online. Mac users should note that this course includes cases which can only be viewed using PC software. A Windows PC or Windows virtual machine will be required to complete the course content.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree should have acquired:
- A body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound
- Knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to learning in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound.
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will have developed:
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge of clinical ultrasound and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established the practice of clinical ultrasound
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas concepts at an abstract level
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will demonstrate the application of knowledge & skills:
- With creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning
- With high level personal autonomy and accountability
- To plan and execute a substantial capstone experience to new situations in professional scientific practice and/or for further learning.