Master of Clinical Ultrasound
The Master in Clinical Ultrasound selects students who have extensive prior knowledge of medicine, and the pathophysiology and treatment options relevant to the use of medical ultrasound. It is particularly suitable for students that have successfully completed the Graduate Diploma in Clinical Ultrasound.
As a school commitment to professional, continuing and executive education, we ensure high-quality online graduate education is accessible to you – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
This course gives you access to the best minds and the opportunity to grow, expanding your skills and knowledge through innovative technologies, including:
- Audio recordings and podcasts
- Textbooks; and
- Discussion forums
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, along with learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive, enjoyable and flexible student experience.
Your virtual classroom is academically robust and designed to prepare you for competition in your field. It also provides structured opportunities for networking and collaborative learning with peers.
You’ll receive all the technical support you need to get set up in the beginning and participate in an initial welcome webinar where you’ll be guided through the University’s systems.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
As an online student you’ll receive a high level of administrative, technical and academic support from your initial expression of interest in the course, through to your graduation. Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name; they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. And if a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Dedicated online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support
- Special circumstances
Online learning skills and workload management
Intended Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree should have acquired:
- A body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound
- Knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to learning in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound.
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will have developed:
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge of clinical ultrasound and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established the practice of clinical ultrasound
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas concepts at an abstract level
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will demonstrate the application of knowledge & skills:
- With creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning
- With high level personal autonomy and accountability
- To plan and execute a substantial capstone experience to new situations in professional scientific practice and/or for further learning.