Master of Clinical Ultrasound
Where will this take me?
Intended Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree should have acquired:
- A body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound
- Knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to learning in the discipline of Clinical Ultrasound.
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will have developed:
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge of clinical ultrasound and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established the practice of clinical ultrasound
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas concepts at an abstract level
- Communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship.
Application of knowledge and skills
Graduates of the Master of Clinical Ultrasound Degree will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
- With creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning
- With high-level personal autonomy and accountability
- To plan and execute a substantial capstone experience to new situations in professional scientific practice and/or for further learning.
As clinical ultrasound technology becomes more widely accessible, medical professionals with relevant knowledge are increasingly sought after. Gain the skills to confidently undertake clinical ultrasound within your existing practice.
This course will enhance your professional development, provides accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points and may be eligible for the Continuing Medical Education reimbursement program*.
This course does not qualify you to be a sonographer. It is for those medical health practitioners who wish to incorporate ultrasound into their practice.
*Please check with the governing body in your state.