Master of Data Science
- CRICOS Code: 092791B
Where will this take me?
Our graduates go on to work as data scientists and analysts, software engineers, data infrastructure engineers, business intelligence analysts and statisticians.
Employers in this field include:
- Consulting firms such as EY, KPMG and Accenture
- Financial services companies including Citibank, ANZ, CBA and NAB
- IT and telecommunication companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Telstra
- Government departments and organisations, such as the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Universities and public research institutions such as the CSIRO.
Technical and professional skills
On graduating from the course you’ll have a sound knowledge of modern statistical methodology and computing that will equip you for a career in data science and enable your career to develop as data science evolves.
- Have the ability to demonstrate advanced independent critical enquiry, analysis and reflection
- Have a strong sense of intellectual integrity and the ethics of scholarship
- Have in-depth knowledge of modern statistical methodology and computing
- Reach a high level of achievement in writing, research or project activities, problem-solving and communication
- Be critical and creative thinkers, with an aptitude for continued self-directed learning
- Be able to examine critically, synthesise and evaluate knowledge across a broad range of disciplines
- Have a set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment
- Be able to initiate and implement constructive change in their communities, including professions and workplaces.
At the end of the course, if you complete the optional research project, you could qualify to undertake a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy).
"The course structure is tailored to meet the demands of industry with an eye on the future. The hands-on experience through quality internships and industry projects helped to shape my learning in the best possible way."