Master of Design for Performance
- CRICOS Code: 085429A
How to apply
2020 Start Year Intake (Main Assessment Round for Domestic and International Applicants)
Applications open: early April 2019
Applications close: 30 September 2019, 11.59pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
There are three components to each application. Applicants must submit components 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via University's application portal
Submit a personal statement (up to 500 words) and a Digital folio of work via SlideRoom
Selection Project and Interview
Prepare and present a Selection Project at your interview. Applicants should allow at least one weeks' time to prepare the Selection Project. See below for more information
The Selection Project requires you to create a series of 7 images using a piece of text as stimulus. Through your images you should try to show how you can generate creative and insightful visual ideas in response to, and inspired by, a text.
Download the Selection Project here:
The interview will run for approximately 40 minutes and will include:
- Presentation and discussion of the Selection Project. Please bring the hard copy of your selection project to the interview
- Discussion of the applicant's previous relevant experience
Can't attend the interview?
We strongly encourage applicants to attend their interview in person. Applicants who are overseas or interstate may attend a phone/Skype interview and submit their Selection Project electronically, please indicate your availability in the SlideRoom component of your application. You will be email further instructions on how to submit your Selection Project after applications close.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee of $10USD payable via SlideRoom.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-DSNPERF
- Submit your Digital Folio via SlideRoom
- Complete and submit your Selection Project via SlideRoom
- Attend an interview