Master of Design for Performance
- CRICOS Code: 085429A
Where will this take me?
Upon completion of the program, graduates can select to undertake further study in one of our research degrees.
On completion of this course, graduates will have developed:
- Advanced technical and creative skills and understanding in design
- Knowledge of theoretical frameworks to evaluate and critique specific elements used in the development of a performance, including but not limited to design
- A capacity to evaluate, discriminate and make informed choices within both a pragmatic and artistic framework, as a senior member of the collaborative team
- Abilities to collaborate with other members of the design and performance team
- An understanding and exploration of the performing arts as a communicative mode and of the potentials of diverse media in performance.
Become a designer for performance
With the skills gained from your Masters, you can take on a variety of performance styles. Professional work could include design for theatre, dance, music theatre, opera and other cross discipline productions.
Artistic collaborations with directors, choreographers, designers and other performance makers at the VCA provide a unique opportunity to develop creative partnerships that can lead to future collaborations in your profession.
M'ck McKeague & Bryony Stringer