Master of Educational Psychology
- CRICOS Code: 009699J
The University of Melbourne accepts online applications year-round from domestic applicants. Applying to the University of Melbourne is free for domestic students. The application takes about 10-15 minutes to complete. Once your application is complete, our dedicated admissions team will have an outcome for you in a few weeks. See current assessment turn-around times. We recommend applying early to secure your place.
Application closing dates
Start-year intake 2022
Applications have now closed for the 2022 intake. The next available intake will be start year intake 2023.
1. Application Preparation
Before you apply, please check the minimum entry requirements of your desired course. You may be required to provide the following supporting documentation with your application:
- Previous academic transcripts, including complete and incomplete degrees
- Evidence of degree completion (testamur)
- A personal statement which outlines why you wish to be considered for the course and your relevant skills. (500-word limit)
- Two academic referee reports – referees to fill out the online form
- Evidence showing you meet the English language requirements. For more information, click here.
- A certified translation if your documents are not in English.
Applicants with overseas qualifications must complete an Australian Psychological Society (APS) comparability assessment with their application to confirm their eligibility for Associate Membership. The current APS comparability assessment fee is AUD$809.00 and it takes approximately eight weeks to receive an outcome.
Please note: If your application is successful, you must apply for provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (if not currently registered) and undertake a Working with Children Check when you enrol in the course.
It's also worth checking the advanced standing policy (PDF, 209 KB) to see if you are eligible to receive credit towards your chosen course.
2. Application process
- Submit an online course application directly, or through an overseas representative. If you’re applying for more than one course be sure to number your preferences.
- If you are a current or past University of Melbourne student or applicant, use your existing student ID/username and password. Registering as a first time applicant will delay the processing of your application.
- Only submit one application per course with your preferred fee type and study load (full-time or part-time) if applicable.
- There are both Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) and Australian Full Fee places available in this course. All domestic students will be automatically considered for a CSP.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Deferrals are not available for this course. Please apply for the next intake if you would like to defer your offer.
3. Application outcome
Application outcomes will be sent to your nominated email address or overseas representative. Applicants are able to check the progress of their application by logging in to the online course application page.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) is the University’s equity program for domestic graduate students. Under GAM, specific circumstances of applicants will be considered in relation to admission and financial assistance bursaries. There are two parts to this program:
- Admission: Graduate Access Melbourne may assist you to gain admission into a graduate degree, even if your tertiary marks are below the entry requirements. In assessing applications faculties and schools look to balance opportunity and your capacity to succeed.
- Financial Assistance: Under GAM you are also considered for a grant of $5,000. Bursaries will be offered to students with the highest overall level of current disadvantage within one or more of the Graduate Access Melbourne categories.
In submitting an application under this program, you will be considered for admission and financial assistance. Completed GAM forms are to be submitted together with your course application and will be considered for entry into the course and the Graduate Access Melbourne bursary. An application does not guarantee success and you may be awarded one, neither or both, depending on your individual circumstances.
To be eligible to apply for GAM you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or the holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa. You need to demonstrate the capacity to succeed in the Masters’ degree of your choice and qualify under one or more of the following equity categories:
- Indigenous Australian
- previous status as a refugee
- disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- disability or chronic medical condition
- difficult personal circumstances.