- 3 years full time / 6 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start year intake - February and mid-year intake – July
Create solutions to critical challenges in food, energy and water supply, with a Master of Engineering (Biochemical) from Australia’s No.1 university for engineering and technology.*
You'll gain a unique set of biochemical science and engineering skills to design new bioproducts and bioprocesses.
* QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018: Engineering and Technology
Learn from world leading experts
Be guided by experts in nanotechnology, carbon capture and storage and bioengineering. You’ll learn from academics who have worked on bioremediation to keep Antarctica clean, treating cancer using nanoscale targeted drug delivery, and product innovations for the dairy industry.
Apply your skills through internships, industry projects, and innovation challenges with industry mentors.
Internationally recognised qualification
The Master of Engineering (Biochemical) is professionally recognised under EUR-ACE®, IChemE and the Washington Accord (through Engineers Australia). This means you can work as an engineer in Australia, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, US, and more.