Master of Entrepreneurship
- CRICOS Code: 107114A
Why study Entrepreneurship at Melbourne?
- Start something that matters: This is a program for people who want to innovate, iterate and solve real world problems through entrepreneurship.
- Learn in a completely new way: You’ll study at the purpose-built Wade Institute. Designed to be a 24/7 co-working space and for small-class seminars, giving you a space to experiment and where it’s OK to fail.
- Customise your toolkit: Our choice of specialisations allows you to develop the right knowledge and skills to make your entrepreneurial ambition a reality, whether that's starting a new venture or innovating within an established company.
- Find your people: This is a boutique program for a small number of motivated, curious people, like you, who will become part of Melbourne’s entrepreneurship community connecting with industry mentors, speakers, investors and incubators as part of the program.
- Learn from the best: You’ll be taught by leading academic experts in entrepreneurship and business as well as experienced entrepreneurs from industry.
What is it about?
In the Master of Entrepreneurship you will learn how to develop new businesses, products, services, or processes, creating value and generating new revenue growth through entrepreneurial thought and action. This program will facilitate your career as an agent of change, either within a new venture or an established organisation. Students will learn about the latest concepts, frameworks, tools and techniques to identify and successfully implement new business opportunities. During the course of the year, there will be many opportunities to interact with and learn from (corporate) entrepreneurs and put obtained knowledge, tools and skills into practice.
The course has been redesigned to allow students to choose an area of interest, whether that is entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship. In the intrapreneurship specialisation, students will learn the why, when and how organisations can engage in corporate entrepreneurship, equipping them to support organisations to grow and become more innovative by embracing an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Master of Entrepreneurship is also offered as a 100pt course or 150pt course. The standard Masters is for students with some foundational knowledge, while the Master of Entrepreneurship (Enhanced) consists of additional foundational subjects for students with less experience in the area.
Master of Entrepreneurship graduates generally follow one of three career paths:
- Independent venture creation path: start your own business.
- Corporate innovation path: bring innovative business opportunities to established companies.
- Venture capital/consulting path: help start, grow or mature small companies.