Master of IT Management (Executive)
As a school commitment to professional, continuing and executive education, we ensure high-quality online graduate education is accessible to you – all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
This course gives you access to the best minds and the opportunity to grow, expanding your skills and knowledge through innovative technologies, including:
- Audio recordings and podcasts
- Textbooks; and
- Discussion forums.
Why study online?
The online learning environment has been carefully devised by expert academics, along with learning designers and technology specialists, to facilitate an interactive, enjoyable and flexible student experience.
Your virtual classroom is academically robust and designed to prepare you for competition in your field. It also provides structured opportunities for networking and collaborative learning with peers.
You’ll receive all the technical support you need to get set up in the beginning and participate in an initial welcome webinar where you’ll be guided through the University’s systems.
Gain access to the highest levels of support
As an online student you’ll receive a high level of administrative, technical and academic support from your initial expression of interest in the course, through to your graduation. Don’t be surprised if you learn our student support team members by name; they are dedicated, personal and friendly and they understand that every student experience is unique. And if a challenge arises, they’ll do everything in their power to assist you so that you can continue to have an excellent learning experience.
Dedicated online student support consultants can assist with:
- Enrolment and subject assistance
- Administrative logistics and fee options
- Technical support
- Online learning skills and workload management
- Special circumstances.
Who you will learn from
The course is taught by academics and industry leaders with regular industry input and guest speakers including current, experienced CIO’s. Your online learning experience in enriched by interaction with lecturers, tutors and your fellow classmates as a community of advanced learners. You can expect input and feedback from your lecturers and tutors as well as regular real-time sessions where you speak with the instructor and fellow students. There will also be occasional non-compulsory face to face networking conferences in Melbourne which students can choose to attend. Selected seminars at the conferences will also be recorded.
Find out more about the University of Melbourne online learning experience.
- Dr Sara Cullen, Fellow, University of Melbourne Subject Coordinator, Outsourcing and Contracting and Managing IT Professionals Managing Director, The Cullen Group
- Dr Rod Dilnutt, Industry Fellow School of Computing and Information Systems, University of Melbourne Director, William Bethwey & Associates Subject Coordinator, Strategic Change Management
- Dr Atif Ahmad, Course Coordinator, Master of IT Management (Executive) Subject Coordinator, Cyber Security Management.