Where will this take me?
As a student in the Master of Law and Development, you’ll develop an advanced understanding of the complex body of knowledge in the field of law and development, including:
- the processes and actors involved in the legalisation of development
- the history and range of rule of law or law reform projects initiated by international and regional institutions
- the role of international economic institutions in proposing, designing and implementing law reform projects
- development strategies enabled or foreclosed by attempts at law reform or legal institutional design
- the success or failure of particular attempts at law reform or rule of law initiatives
- theoretical approaches to understanding and critiquing law and development initiatives
You’ll also develop skills in critical analysis and the ability to interpret and transmit your ideas to specialist and non-specialist audiences, including clients.