Master of Management (Accounting and Finance)
- CRICOS Code: 085103A
Why study accounting and finance at Melbourne Business School?
- Gain accreditation across two disciplines: Gain accreditation from both the CPA and CFA.
- Leading reputation: Melbourne is ranked 16th globally for accounting and finance (QS World Rankings by subject 2020).
- Explore opportunities for Work Integrated Learning: You can take an internship or one of our Practicum subjects to test your skills on real-world consulting projects in Australia and destinations like Paris, London and Shanghai.
- Become part of our global network: With over 60,000 business alumni in over 100 countries, you’re ensuring that you join a valuable network of peers from all business disciplines right from day one.
- Industry in the classroom: We have regular guest lectures by industry professionals and also offer opportunities to network with professional bodies and our alumni.
Check out our on demand sessions from Open Days 2020
Melbourne Business School's Master of Management (Accounting and Finance) provides foundation and advanced studies in the disciplines of accounting and finance. Advanced levels of knowledge and skill in the two disciplines of accounting and finance are developed through a combination of core and elective subjects which will prepare graduates for entry into either the finance or accounting professions.
Who is it for?
The Master of Management (Accounting and Finance) is suitable for business/commerce students who wish to add accounting and finance to their portfolio.
The program is also offered as a 1.5 year full time option (part-time equivalent available for domestic students) if you have previously completed an undergraduate degree in business, commerce or a related discipline.
Accelerated versions also available:
We offer an accelerated 1-year intensive version for people with a commerce/business background and a 1.5-year intensive option for those new to commerce.
Specialist programs are also available in the following disciplines:
- Master of Management (Accounting)
- Master of Management (Finance)
- Master of Management (Human Resources)
- Master of Management (Marketing)
The University of Melbourne is a participant in the University Affiliation Program of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals that awards the prestigious CFA designation. The Master of Management (Accounting and Finance) covers at least 70% of all three levels of the CFA program candidate body of knowledge (CBOK) topics, the CFA Institute ethical and professional standards, and other CFA program partner requirements. Recognition as a CFA Affiliated University signals to students, employers and the marketplace that the university curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA exams.
As part of the affiliation, students in the Master of Management (Accounting and Finance) are eligible for scholarships, access to CFA Institute curriculums, journals, webcasts, and other educational resources.
CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
Through the appropriate selection of subjects students are able to meet the professional requirements of CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).