Why study human resources at Melbourne Business School?
- Achieve human resources specialisation and business essentials: Deep dive into management of people, culture and performance, HR strategy and negotiation while also gaining a strong foundation across finance, accounting and marketing.
- Connect with industry: Complete an internship or a consulting subject working to solve a real company problem in Melbourne, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur or London, plus get involved in our range of practical experience opportunities like Case Competitions, Practicum consulting subjects (in Melbourne or abroad) that will make you work ready when you graduate.
- Study in a course with industry recognition: The Master of Management (HR) is accredited by the Australian HR Institute (AHRI).
- Leading reputation: Melbourne is ranked 26th globally for Business & Management (QS World University Rankings by subject 2020).
- Become part of our global network: With over 60,000 business alumni in over 100 countries, you’re ensuring that you join a valuable network of peers from all business disciplines right from day one.
What is it about?
The Master of Management (Human Resources) provides foundation training in business and economics, and specialist training in human resource management. The program covers a broad spectrum of management activities including all the key areas needed to become a successful manager and leader, such as:
- managing people;
- developing and implementing a strategic approach to managing an organisations human resources;
- motivating and rewarding employees;
- dealing with stakeholders and
- analysing data and developing HR policy and practice responses.
Catherine Matthews completed her Master of Management (Human Resources) in 2014 and is now working at one of Australia's biggest banks, and sitting on the board of an elite sporting team. Watch her story below.
Who is it for?
This program is ideal for students holding an undergraduate degree outside of business/commerce whose goal may be to assume a managerial position in human resources.
The program is also offered as a 1.5 year full time option (part-time equivalent available for domestic students) if you have previously completed an undergraduate degree in business, commerce or a related discipline.
Accelerated versions also available:
We offer an accelerated 1-year intensive version for people with a commerce/business background and a 1.5-year intensive option for those new to commerce.
- Master of Management
- Master of Management (Accounting)
- Master of Management (Accounting & Finance)
- Master of Management (Finance)
- Master of Management (Marketing)
Master of Management suite of programs also include:
The Master of Management (Human Resources) is an accredited program with the Australian HR Institute.
Credit points may be awarded for students with a relevant undergraduate degree in business/commerce.