Master of Music (Music Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 006671A
How to apply
Applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application.
Masters Researchers in performance have an administrative supervisor and an instrument teacher who will be their primary contact and mentor throughout the course. You do not need to nominate a supervisor or teacher on your application, you will be consulted about your instrument teacher who will be appointed from Conservatorium staff. You can see a list of staff here: Faculty of the Fine Arts and Music staff profiles and the Conservatorium also employs additional instrument teachers from outside the university.
If you have any questions about making an application please contact the Faculty of Fine Arts and Music:
Further information about Applications processes is available at the Future Students admissions and applications page.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Identify if appropriate supervision is available.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete the Application for admission to graduate research degree candidature and scholarship form including appending the requested documentation such as Academic transcripts, CV and Referee Reports.
- Complete any additional requirements.
- Submit the application by the deadline. For Research Masters applicants to the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, you should apply before the deadline. For semester 1 entry the deadline is 30 September and for Semester 2 entry the deadline is 30 April.