Master of Music (Musicology/Ethnomusicology)
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
The Master of Music (MMus) Musicology/Ethnomusicology is a research degree in which students undertake research in Musicology or Ethnomusicology.
Musicology and Ethnomusicology candidates undertake a research project and prepare a thesis which may be presented as:
- A study of approximately 30,000-40,000 words embodying the results of significant research
- A transcription and edition of a substantial body of music together with a critical study of between 10,000-20,000 words on the music edited
- A minor thesis of 20,000-25,000 words and 3 elective subjects
Candidates also participate in the weekly Postgraduate Seminar.